Child Wise is Australia’s leading child protection charity working in Australia, Asia and the Pacific to prevent child abuse. At Child Wise we know that the biggest threat to children’s futures is abuse. It destroys lives. This is why we are dedicated to protecting children from abuse and exploitation in Australia, Asia and the Pacific. Child Wise’s vision is a world where children live free from sexual abuse and exploitation.
Child Wise is the Australian representative of ECPAT International, a global network of organisations and individuals working together to eliminate child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes.
Child Wise’s main goal is to build the capacity of individuals, communities, organisations and governments to protect children. All of our programs work comprehensively across a continuum of prevention, protection and recovery. We combine counselling through the toll free National Child Abuse Prevention Helpline, education, advocacy, participatory training, capacity building and research on child abuse issues to provide an innovative, highly specialised and enduring service to protect children everywhere. Our solution-focused programs equip people with knowledge and tools to shield children from harm. Child Wise’s commitment to research into emerging sexual abuse trends and new risks to children ensures that our programs remain proactive, effective and responsive.
Child Wise is dedicated to protecting children from abuse and exploitation in Australia and overseas by:
- Providing direct counselling, advice and support;
- Raising awareness and educating individuals and communities through education campaigns and trainings;
- Building the capacity of individuals and communities to protect children;
- Researching and responding to new risks to children eg. the Internet; and
- Reducing the impact of child abuse and exploitation through counselling and other recovery programs.